Application for Expenses Support for Academic Conference Presentation
Contact: Student Support Section
- [Required reading]≪Operation Policy of Support for Graduate Student’s Presentation in Academic Conference≫ updated on May 11, 2022 (in Japanese only)
- ≪Operation Policy of Support for English Revision Fee≫ updated on May 11, 2022
The Master’s and Doctoral Programs in Informatics, and the Graduate School of Library, Information and Media Studies support students in accordance with the above policy.
- For more information about support for publication fees (APC, etc.), please refer to[here](in Japanese only).
- Frequently Asked Questions “Support for Graduate Student’s Presentation in Academic Conference Q&A” updated on June 23, 2020
１．Before the business trip, fill in the application form and submit the data and the required documents (documentary proofs related to the business trip).
- Please see the bottom of this page for the documents to be submitted.
- For the time being, you do not need to have your academic advisor’s seal on the application form, but please submit it after obtaining your academic advisor’s confirmation of the content.
- The documents should be submitted via the “University’s electronic submission system (u-Rad)”. (Your Unified Authentication ID is required. If you wish to upload additional files after submission, please contact the Student Support Section by email.)
- How to submit:Select “情報学学位プログラム/図書館情報メディア研究科 学生発表支援”, fill in the required information, and upload the documents.
- Attachments other than the application form, the Application for Business Trip, and the checklist should be in PDF format.
- Please submit the documents at least two weeks prior to your departure. (For online conferences, submit at least one week prior to the start date of the conference period.)
- If you want pre-departure payment for the overseas business trip, please submit the form at least one month prior to the trip.
- The application will be considered complete when all data and documents have been submitted without any deficiency.
* If you are applying for any other support programs offered by an organization other than the degree program or the graduate school, please submit a photocopy of the notification of the results to the Student Support Section as soon as you receive it.
２．Applicants’ tasks before presentation in the academic conference
- In case of overseas business trip
Acquired a “Reference No.” by using the “Export Control System (TExCO)”, which you will input into the “Overseas Travel System (TRIP)”.Create an “Itinerary” to be attached to the Application for Business Trip using the “Overseas Travel System (TRIP)”.
Click [here]for details of the procedure.
３．Presentation in the academic conference (by business trip or online)
４．Submit required documents after the business trip (documentary proofs to confirm the fact of the business trip)
- Please submit the documents as soon as possible after finishing your presentation. Please complete the procedure by submitting the required documents at the counter or by mail within one week, or two weeks at the latest from the day after the end of the trip.
- In case of mailing, please submit PDF files, etc. for confirmation in advance.
- For the documents to be submitted, please see the bottom of this page (List of Required Documents).
５．Payment of expenses support for academic conference presentation of graduate students
Payment is usually made about one to two months later after the procedure is completed.
- There are cases that it may take longer to receive payment depending on the time of the year.
- The payment of the registration fee, travel expenses and English revision fee may be paid at different timing.
- Be sure to notify the Student Support Section if you are changing your family name or your bank account information for the period until payment of expenses support for academic conference presentation of graduate students.
List of Required Documents
Deadline of Submission: 2 weeks before the conference or English revision
|Required documents||Domestic Business Trip||Overseas Business Trip||Online Conference Registration Fee||English Revision (in case before payment)||English revision fee (in case of reimbursement)|
|1||Application Form for Support for Academic Conference Presentation of Graduate Students||○||○||○||○||○|
|2||Application for Business Trip (separate sheet from the No. 1 above)||○||○|
|3||Pre-departure Checklist for Support for Academic Conference Presentation (separate sheet from the No. 1 above)||○||○|
|4||Evidence for Details of the Conference (name of the conference, schedule list of whole session and venue) (PDF version of the conference webpage)||○||○||○||○||○|
|5||Program of the Academic Conference (with the name of the presenter and the affiliation, e.g. “University of Tsukuba”. Highlight the applicable parts.)||○||○||○|
|6||(If you are unable to submit the conference program at least two weeks in advance) PDF of an Email to Inform You That You Are Accepted as a Presenter||○||○|
|7||Evidence That the Paper Has Submitted||○||○|
|8||List of Registration Fees (Highlight the applicable parts.)||○||○||○|
|9||(In case with peer review) Evidence That the Paper to Be Presented Is to Be Peer Reviewed||○||○||○|
|10||(In case of an international conference) “Check Sheet [Technology Transfer] Form 1-3” for Export Control *1 Example||○||○|
|11||(In case when it is the first time to submit in the academic year) Request Form of Account Registration for Payment||○||○||○||○|
|12||(In case that you applied for any other support programs by an organization other than the degree program or the graduate school) Evidence for the Fact That the Application Has Been Accepted by the Support Organization.||○|
|13||Acquired an Export Control “Reference No.” by TExCO and input it into the TRIP system. *2||○|
|14||Itinerary (created with the TRIP system) Example
*Submit the Itinerary with the status of “完了(Completed)” after inputting the Reference No.
|15||Written estimate for Flight Fare||○|
|17||Print Out of the “会員登録”(Membership Registration) Page of the “OSSMA LOCATOR” Website||○|
|18||Photocopy of the Subscription Certificate to a Travel Insurance||○|
Common to *1 and *2:You need to enter a unified authentication ID and PW. However, only faculty members have access privileges, so please ask your academic advisor to apply.*1: Download the Excel form from the website and fill it in. Apply under the name of your academic advisor (no seal is required, but please have your academic advisor confirm the content before submission).*2: Compose a PDF by using the Export Control System (TExCO) and attach its printout. To enter a TExCO application, you firstly need to be given authority of your academic advisor’s proxy, or request your academic advisor to enter the application. It may take a several days to one month to complete the review process and until you become able to print on the Advance Check Sheet containing the “Reference No.”
Deadline of Submission: After the Conference
|Required documents||Domestic Business Trip||Overseas Business Trip||Online Conference Registration Fee|
|20||Post-return Checklist for Support for Academic Conference Presentation||○||○|
|21||Business Trip Report (separate sheet from the No. 20 above) Example||○||○|
|22||(If overnight stays are applicable) Original Copy of Receipt for Accommodations||○||○|
|23||(If you used an airplane) Original Copy of Receipt for Flight Fare||○||○|
|24||(If you used an airplane) Boarding Pass Stub||○||○|
|25||(If used) Original Copy of Receipt for Public Transportation (domestic bus, overseas bus/train, etc.)||○||○|
|26||Receipt for OSSMA Payment Fee||○|
|27||Advance Payment Reimbursement Request Form (for OSSMA)||○|
|28||Receipt of Registration Fee (credit card statement is acceptable if you paid by credit card)||○||○||○|
|29||Advance Payment Reimbursement Request Form (for registration fee)||○||○||○|
Deadline of Submission: After English Revision
|Required documents||English Revision (in case before payment)||English Revision (in case of reimbursement)|
|30||Estimate, Statement of Delivery and Invoice for English Revision||○|
|31||Paper after Completing English Revision (The one which the revision parts are indicate. Write the date of delivery and put your signature on the front cover of the paper.)||○||○|
|32||Receipt for the English Revision (credit card statement is acceptable if you paid by credit card)||○|
|33||Advance Payment Reimbursement Request Form (Sheet 英文校閲)||○|
|34||(If two weeks have passed between the payment date and the submission of the application) Statement of Reasons||○|
Student Support Section, Academic Service Office for the Library, Information and Media Sciences Area
Monday – Friday: 8:50 – 12:15, 13:15 – 17:00 (except national holidays)
TEL: 029-859-1130, 029-859-1131
E-mail: shien-1 at ml.cc.tsukuba.ac.jp (Please change “at” before sending.)