iConference 2024 Call for Submissions
Dates and Venue
- Online conference hosted by University of Tsukuba on 15 -18 April, 2024
- On-site Program at Jilin University in Changchun , China on 22 – 26 April, 2024
- Submission deadlines for Research Papers: 17 September, 2023
Thank you very much for your submission. We look forward to seeing you in iConference2024.
About iConference 2024
The iConference is the annual conference of the international iSchools organization and is open to all. It is one of the top venues for research in information science and related fields. This will be the 19th iConference. The hosts will be Jilin University and University of Tsukuba. The program of the virtual part will be based on three time zones (Europe/Africa, America, Asia-Pacific) and consider the locations of presenters, so that participants from a variety of countries can present their results without difficulty. The theme of iConference 2024 is “Wisdom, Well-being, Win-win”. We aim to realize well-being through information driven wisdom on international collaboration in different fields.
What are iSchools?
The “iSchool” means “Information Schools.” The iSchool movement, which began in the United States at the end of the 20th century, advocated for the importance of interdisciplinary schools that comprehensively teach about information, information technology (IT), and people and communities. iSchools were created in various countries besides the United States. A set of North American schools founded the organisation in 2005, and it incorporated as the “iSchools” in 2015.
Over 120 schools worldwide are now members of the international iSchools organization.
We invite submissions on topics related to technological, organizational, and societal issues involving all aspects of information creation, analysis, management and dissemination.
Some key topics include but are not limited to:
- AI and Machine Learning Approaches
- Archives and Information Sustainability
- Behavioral Research
- Community Informatics
- Cultural heritage and Museum Informatics
- Digital Humanities
- Digital and Information Economy
- Disinformation, Misinformation
- Health Informatics
- Human-AI Collaboration
- Information & Digital Literacies
- Information Governance & Ethics
- Information Science and Data Science
- Information Retrieval
- Information Science Education
- Intellectual Property Issues
- Knowledge Management
- Libraries, Bibliometrics, and Metadata
- Scholarly Communication including Open Access
- Social Media & Digital Networks
Submission portal opens: 22 May 2023
Submission deadlines for Research Papers: 17 September 2023
- Full Research Papers
- Short Research Papers
- Posters (written Proposal)
- Chinese Research Papers
- Spanish & Portuguese Research Papers
Submission deadlines for Workshops and Interactive Sessions: 20 October 2023
Submission deadlines for accepted Posters and pre-recordings: 20 February 2023
- Graphical Posters (based on the accepted written poster proposal)
- Recorded Presentations
Decision notifications: Mid November 2023
Registration opens: Mid November 2023
Conference Dates: 15 -18 April 2024 (online), 22 – 26 April (on-site)